Employment Opportunities at WCTE
Below are the listings (if any) of paid part-time and/or full-time positions available at WCTE. Those interested in volunteer or unpaid internship positions, please email Information@WCTE.org.
Special Events Assistant (part-time)
WCTE Upper Cumberland PBS has an opening for a part-time Special Events Assistant. The position requires Microsoft Access, plus excellent communication skills, phone presence, detail-orientation, and follow-through. Sales experience helpful. This position will also be responsible for recruiting volunteers for WCTE and working directly with Special Events Coordinator. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please).
WCTE is firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination throughout the employment process against individuals because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, and place of birth, or against qualified individuals with disabilities, or because of any other legally protected status.
Interning at WCTE
WCTE Upper Cumberland PBS offers internships for college students throughout the year. Internships are specifically designed to provide training and experience for students interested in the various aspects of public broadcasting. Internships described below are, in general, the types of assignments that are available within each department.
Internships are offered to students of all colleges, universities, and trade schools. Recruiting is normally accomplished through the school internship or career services office, and on-campus through career and internship fairs. Students may also contact WCTE directly. WCTE will process applications and the supervisor from the department for which the student is applying will conduct interviews. Once accepted, students are assigned to work on a specific project or production for an academic semester.
*All WCTE internships are unpaid.
WCTE has current openings for unpaid internships that offer valuable experience in television production, business development, special events and event planning. We seek creative, motivated and energetic students from a variety of majors to lend their effort and time. We expect a minimum of 10 hours per week in exchange for engaging, hands-on experience.
WCTE Upper Cumberland PBS
PO Box 2040
Cookeville TN 38502
- Your cover letter should specify a first and a second choice internship from the list of opportunities described below.
- Positions offered are unpaid.
- Internships run on a schedule similar to the college semester. Internships usually cover the following
- Fall internships - Late August/early September through
- Spring internships - Mid/late January through late April.
- Summer internships - Late May/early June through mid-August.
- All Candidates MUST have a flexible schedule and provide own transportation.
- Students must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- We select without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.