Live Broadcast: Monday, April 26th at 7:00 pm.
Encore (pre-recorded) Broadcast: Friday, April 30th at 8:00 pm.
Although there have been advances in medical technology and donation, the demand for organ, eye and tissue donation still vastly exceeds the number of donors.
- More than 100,000 men, women and children currently need life-saving organ transplants.
- Every 11 minutes another name is added to the national organ transplant waiting list.
- An average of 18 people die each day from the lack of available organs for transplant.
- In 2008, there were 7,984 deceased organ donors and 6,218 living organ donors resulting in 27,961 organ transplants.
- In 2007, approximately 30,000 grafts were made available for transplant by eye banks within the United States.
- According to research, 98% of all adults have heard about organ donation and 86% have heard of tissue donation.
- 90% of Americans say they support donation, but only 30% know the essential steps to take to be a donor.
- TV Schedules
- Inside WCTE
- WCTE Public File