PBS KIDS Writers Contest
WCTE is launching the PBS KIDS Writers Contest, a national competition designed to promote the advancement of children’s reading skills through hands-on, active learning. The effort encourages children in grades K-3 in the Upper Cumberland and communities across the country, to celebrate the power of creating stories and illustrations by submitting their own original stories and illustrations.
Start Date: February 20, 2014
Deadline for Entries: April 30, 2014
Call Reggie Brown at 931-528-2222 ext. 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
- The contest window will begin on Feb 20 and the deadline for turning in stories is: April 30, 2014
- PBS Writing Contest is the Largest Annual National Contest of its kind targeted to kids K-3rd grades
- www.pbskids.org/read for online information and to view the winning stories from the 2013 Contest
- Awards will be given to the Librarian and Teacher that turn in highest % of stories
- Teacher resources from PBS LearningMedia and a new partnership with Highlights for Kids Magazine
- A celebration for all winners and their families will be held when the National winners are announced
Download Entry Form & Rules:
Right-click and "Save as..."
- Great TV Auction
- TV Schedules
- Inside WCTE
- WCTE Public File