Be sure your topic matches the general theme of the channel. For example, all discussions on Talk Shop should pertain to fashion and beauty. Not sure if you’re posting to the right channel? Check the channel’s About section, or recently-added discussions to get an idea of what subjects are appropriate.
A discussion or comment that contains only a link to your blog, a product, or your article on another site will almost always be removed.
Choose Your (Curse) Words Wisely
Comments that contain profanity are automatically held for moderator review before being posted. Depending on the context of the comment, it may be removed. Profanity used to insult, antagonize, or inflame will always be removed.
Don’t Be a Jerk
Personal attacks and harassment will not be tolerated. Sexist, racist, misogynist, homophobic, and broad, offensive generalizations about groups of people are simply not allowed. Comments or discussions written intentionally to provoke will also be removed.
Don’t Copy and Paste
If you didn’t write it, or haven’t properly cited the article you’re quoting, don’t post it.
We currently only support English-only discussions on Disqus-enabled chats. Non-English comments and discussions will be removed.
The Community Calendar is a service to inform area viewers of events held by non-profit organizations, community groups, and much more. The following information must be included on the form in order to be considered a completed submission/request:
- Organizer’s Name and Contact Info
- Event Title
- Link to event website (Website URL, Facebook Page, etc.)
- Event Image - Image Size: 272 x 272 px, or 217 x 328 px is best for website
- Event Dates AND Times
- Event Description
- Event Location
Content for the events calendar should be easy to understand, up to date, and accurate. It should avoid sensationalism. It must be free of grammatical and spelling errors. There should be no broken links.
The following is a guideline of what is or is not an acceptable event to be posted on the Community Calendar. These guidelines may change at the discretion of the calendar administrator without prior notice.
- Non-profit or "community-minded" event announcements
- Non-profit ticketed events & registration information
- Youth/educational groups (4-H, Boy Scouts, public school events, etc.)
- Public Informational Meetings (No Fundraising)
- Other events of a non-profit or community-minded nature may be allowed pending review by WCTE.
What’s Not Allowed
- For-profit events that require payment for participation
- Soliciting of services or rendering of goods
- Extremist/Radical or Hateful events or fundraisers
- No selling or promotion of services or goods (books, movies, toys, food, etc.)
Featured events may be selected at the discretion of the calendar administrator. Featured events will be chosen to be highlighted based on the degree of mass appeal to all calendar audiences, and where possible will reflect an equal emphasis and representation among all calendar categories. Featured events will be updated on a regular basis at the discretion of the calendar administrator. For an event to be featured, it must have complete information, including an event image designed to meet system specifications and content standards.