WCTE envisions an educated, inclusive, prosperous, safe and healthy region working together through public media.
WCTE exists to establish life long learning and cultural storytelling by connecting the Upper Cumberland to the world and the world to the region.
- Align local content to move hearts and minds, enrich lives and strengthen community life.
- Develop, integrate and prioritize multi-platform storytelling.
- Drive capacity, discovery and innovation through data, technology and independent productions
EDUCATION & COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Provide curriculum-based content to drive success in school and life for children 2-8 years old.
- Engage our community in local and national content, as well as educational resources that can impact personal and civic life.
- Support workforce development and career education with regional partners.
- Achieve a high level of visibility and credibility on the local and national level.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications plan.
- Create more visibility of the WCTE-PBS brand in each of the 14 counties and with key stakeholders in the Upper Cumberland.
- Develop and implement an integrated business and organization model that is sustainable and fosters funding, innovation, collaborations, responsiveness, unity and cohesiveness.
- Support and evolve WCTE's technical infrastructure.
- Grow and diversify revenue streams.
CULTURE & ORGANIZATION
- Invest in our people through education and ongoing training.
- Create a PBS passionate internal culture reflective of our values.
- Recognize and reward individual and team collaboration, innovation and success.