During these extraordinary times, we are taking it one day at a time, WCTE PBS is committed to doing the race as scheduled with planned safety measures to keep runners and volunteers safe. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated if there are any changes. Your registration proceeds contribute to keeping WCTE PBS available to everyone.
Haunted Half 2020 Information
Don't miss out on one of the most fun half-marathon costume runs of the year! WCTE wants to help you get committed to training! With six months till race morning you have plenty of time to set a new goal, improve on an old goal, or maybe pull together a relay team!
- Race Registration: Open (We are going paperless!! Be sure to register online, all fees included in the registration cost.)
- Race Date: October 17, 2020
- Race route is certified and professionally timed by Scenic City Multisport out of Chattanooga
- 2nd Annual Haunted Half Kids FUN Run!
- Runners can register to run solo or build a relay team
Helpful training links:
- How to Run a Half Marathon – Half marathon training plans for every runner
- Jeff Galloway's Running Tips! - Training Plans for All Level Runners
- Couch to 5k - The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks beginner running program
Why should you run the Upper Cumberland Haunted Half Marathon?
When you register, 100% of your race entry proceeds go directly to support WCTE PBS! By supporting WCTE PBS, you support At-Home Learning during COVID-19, you support local media coverage for both the Mayor updates and WCTE's weekly Live at 5:00, and you support access to over the air programming that keep viewers engaged, educated and inspired. When you run the Haunted Half Marathon, you promote life-long learning!
Blues & Brews Discounted Tickets!! - Haunted Half runners are invited to celebrate their finish with discounted Blues and Brews Craft Beer Festival ticket. Blues and Brews gates open at noon in Dogwood Park. Guest will experience over 100 craft beers for tasting, local food trucks, a variety of local and home brews and live blues music all day. Both events benefit WCTE, Upper Cumberland PBS.
- Runners can purchase Blues and Brews tickets at early packet pick up Friday, Oct. 16th from 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM at Express Footwear.
- Tickets per person are $40 General Admission and $70 VIP.
- Saturday runners can purchase Blues and Brews tickets at Dogwood Park 12:00 PM -2:00 PM and receive a gate admission discount when you show your race bib.
- Tickets on Saturday to Blues & Brews: $50/General Admission and $80/VIP.
- For more information, visit our Runner Discounted Ticket Info page.
Race Registration - Purchase your tickets before October 16th for an early bird rate! (Prices include online fees)
March 1st - October 15th
October 16th - 17th
Kids FUN Run
Relay Race - Is 13.1 miles too scary? Grab some boo’s or ghouls and form a relay team! A team of 3 can register, each person runs 4-4.5 mile section, and each receive long sleeved shirt and race medal. Award to fastest relay and best team costume.
Unique finisher's medal - Every year we feature a unique "haunted" themed finisher's medal that every runner who completes the full half marathon distance will receive.
Awesome shirt design - A long sleeve race shirt with a distinctive design you are sure to wear again and again. Deadline for receiving a Haunted Half shirt with registration is September 27th!
Great course control - Uniformed officers direct traffic along the course and volunteers are stationed at turns to direct and cheer on runners.
Participants - Walkers are welcome, but please note that the course closes at 3.5 hours (10:30 am). We cannot guarantee traffic control or a race medal after 3.5 hours. You will be allowed to finish the course at your own risk.
- Participants must be 12 years old prior to race day.
- Participants may be individuals or one of three members of a relay team.