WE’RE BACK!! 2020 is behind us, and we are running toward 2021! As of right now, we are planning on hosting the Haunted Half-Marathon and relay as normal on Saturday, October 16, 2021. REGISTRATION WILL OPEN MAY 1st! Registration will be online only via RunSignUp and the event will be timed by Endurance Sports Management. All runners will receive a Halloween-themed race medal and a long-sleeved shirt.
Covid infection control measures will be in place in accordance with CDC guidelines at the time of the race. In the event of recurrent Covid gathering restrictions, the race will convert to virtual, and runners may participate virtually or defer until 2022. Proceeds from the race will go to WCTE - our public TV station that has been so vital in this year of virtual learning and that has provided quality TV programming for all of us as we quarantined.
THANK YOU, ALL OF OUR LOYAL RUNNERS, FOR YOUR SUPPORT LAST YEAR!! WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON IN 2021!
Race Registration & Shirt Deadline
- Registration Fees
- $75 individual until race day; $80 on race day
- $170/relay team of 3 until race day; $180 on race day
- REGISTER BEFORE SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH AT MIDNIGHT TO BE GUARANTEED A RACE SHIRT! Afterwards, shirts will be given on a first come first serve bases, Your early registration is the only guarantee you will get one of this year’s awesome race shirt!
- Packet pick up and in-person registration will be Friday, Oct. 15. Location and time TBA.
- All finishers will receive a Finishers Medal!
Helpful training links:
- How to Run a Half Marathon – Half marathon training plans for every runner
- Jeff Galloway's Running Tips! - Training Plans for All Level Runners
- Couch to 5k - The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks beginner running program
Why should you run the Upper Cumberland Haunted Half Marathon?
When you register, 100% of your race entry proceeds go directly to support WCTE PBS! By supporting WCTE PBS, you support local media coverage for WCTE's weekly Live at 5:00, and you support access to over the air programming that keep viewers engaged, educated and inspired. When you run the Haunted Half Marathon, you promote life-long learning!
Relay Race - Is 13.1 miles too scary? Grab some boo’s or ghouls and form a relay team! A team of 3 can register, each person runs an equal amount 4.36 miles, and each receive long sleeved shirt and race medal.
Unique finisher's medal - Every year we feature a unique "haunted" themed finisher's medal that every runner who completes the full half marathon distance will receive.
Awesome shirt design - A long sleeve race shirt with a distinctive design you are sure to wear again and again.Deadline for receiving a Haunted Half shirt with registration is SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH AT MIDNIGHT!
Awards - Awards will be given to Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male/female runners; 1st place Masters male/female over 50; and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in each 5 year age group, beginning with under 19; 1st place relay team. Judged awards will also be given to Best Costume male/female and Best costume Relay team.
Participants - Participants must be 12 years old prior to race day.