WCTE PBS's 2022 Upper Cumberland Haunted Half Marathon Was a Great Success!
The 14th annual Haunted Half Marathon was a great success - we hope you had a good run and a great race experience! If so, spread the word! If not, email us and let us know how we can do better. A big THANK YOU to all our runners, our sponsors, our volunteers and especially to WCTE for making this happen. Congrats to RED SILO RUNNERS, our local running club, for being voted as the best water station (mile 2).
- Unclaimed awards and packets are available for pick up from Monday, Oct 17 - Oct 28 at WCTE office, 229 E Broad, 528-2222, during business hours. We had several unclaimed age group awards, so please come get them! You earned it!
- Every participating runner receives a medal, including every member of a relay team. If you did not receive your medal, they are also at WCTE office through Oct 28.
- Race results are posted at RunSignUp.com and can also be accessed from the button above. There is also a short video of you crossing the finish line - very cool addition thanks to our timer, Tony Randall with Bald Eagle Events.
- Virtual runner race packets and medals are also available for pick up at WCTE office. If you need them mailed, make sure we have your mailing address. They will be mailed next week.
** Race photos were taken by our race photographer, Caroline Moore, and can be accessed at the button above!
2022 Race Results & Photos
Helpful training links:
- How to Run a Half Marathon – Half marathon training plans for every runner
- Jeff Galloway's Running Tips! - Training Plans for All Level Runners
- Couch to 5k - The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks beginner running program
Why should you run the Upper Cumberland Haunted Half Marathon?
When you register, 100% of your race entry proceeds go directly to support WCTE PBS! By supporting WCTE PBS, you support local media coverage for WCTE's weekly Live at 5:00, and you support access to over the air programming that keep viewers engaged, educated and inspired. When you run the Haunted Half Marathon, you promote life-long learning!
DiscountBlues and Brews Tickets!!
Relay Race - Is 13.1 miles too scary? Grab some boo’s or ghouls and form a relay team! A team of 3 can register, each person runs an equal amount 4.36 miles, and each receive long sleeved shirt and race medal.
Unique finisher's medal - Every year we feature a unique "haunted" themed finisher's medal that every runner who completes the full half marathon distance will receive.
Awesome shirt design - A long sleeve race shirt with a distinctive design you are sure to wear again and again.
Awards - Awards will be given to Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place male/female runners; 1st place Masters male/female over 50; and 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in each 5 year age group, beginning with under 19; 1st place relay team. Judged awards will also be given to Best Costume male/female and Best costume Relay team.
Participants - Participants must be 12 years old prior to race day.