Below are the listings (if any) of paid part-time and/or full-time positions available at WCTE.
WCTE Upper Cumberland PBS offers internships* for college students throughout the year. Internships are specifically designed to provide training and experience for students interested in the various aspects of public broadcasting. Internships described below are, in general, the types of assignments that are available within each department.
Internships are offered to students of all colleges, universities, and trade schools. Recruiting is normally accomplished through the school internship or career services office, and on-campus through career and internship fairs. Students may also contact WCTE directly. WCTE will process applications and the supervisor from the department for which the student is applying will conduct interviews. Once accepted, students are assigned to work on a specific project or production for an academic semester.
*WCTE internships are unpaid, unless otherwise stated.
WCTE has several internship openings for interested individuals, as part of our Talent Enhancement Program, that offers valuable experience in television production, business development, event planning and management, broadcast engineering, and informational technologies. We seek creative, motivated and energetic individuals, including students, from a variety of backgrounds to lend their effort and time. WCTE requires a minimum of 10 hours per week in order to effectively provide engaging, hands-on experience as part of the Talent Enhancement Program.
- Internships offered are without payment, unless otherwise stated in their job description.
- Internships follow a schedule similar to college semesters, beginning and ending around the same time of the year.
- All Candidates MUST have a flexible schedule and provide own transportation.
- Students must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- We select without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, as stated in our Anti-Discrimination Policy.